Paris is the capital city of France and is full of places you just have to visit at least once in a lifetime. Paris tours are suitable for all kind of travelers – architecture lovers will enjoy modern and historical buildings, palaces and monuments and history lovers will be able to visit places which have an important role in European history. This city perfectly combines modern and historical style, so everyone will find their favorite place. Tours in Paris are an excellent choice for exploring the city.
City divided into two
This is an interesting fact. If you look into a map, you see that the city is divided in two parts – the left and right shore of the Seine River or the northern and southern part. By choosing Paris tours you will definitely visit both sides of the city.
There are a lot of “must see” places in both shores, such as:
- Bastille - it was a fortress in Paris, built in 1380 and historically performed the functions of the prison and was a symbol of French king's absolute. 1789 June 14, began the great French revolution and the fortress was demolished.
- Louvre - one of the world's most famous art museums. It`s collection consists of about 35 000 works of art from prehistory to the late 19th century, including Leonardo da Vinci's - "Mona Lisa" and other works.
- Montmartre - 130-meter mountain is the highest point in Paris. On top of a hill is located the monumental Sacred Heart (Sacre- Coeur) basilica. The hill offers beautiful views of the city.
- Eiffel Tower - a steel tower which nowadays has become the main symbol of Paris. From its opening in 1889 March 31, up to 1930 it was the world's tallest building - 300 meters or 75 floors.
- Notre Dame - is a medieval Catholic cathedral. It is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world.
This is not all, there are other brilliant places which are included in Paris tours.
Not just tours in Paris, go outside the city too
It can be tough to drag yourself away from Paris, but it’s worth taking at least one day to see something outside of the capital. Definitely take a day trips from Paris to castles, cute towns, parks and gardens. Here are few suggestions for your day trips from Paris:
- Versailles - city which is located 17km from Paris. The city is world-famous by the fact that it is home to the Palace of Versailles, where from 1682 to 1789,lived French kings.
- Fontainebleau - located 55.5 kilometres. A favourite weekend getaway for Parisians, as well as for the historic Château de Fontainebleau, which once belonged to the kings of France.
- Champagne region - is a historic province in the northeast of France. The area is best known for the production of the sparkling white wine that bears the region's name. And more other destinations for a day trip from Paris.
Choose Paris tours according to your interests. All tours in Paris and day trips from Paris certainly will not leave you indifferent. To book tours in Paris, contact us UK +44(0)20 3026 5110 or FR +33 (1)7 8906730 or e-mail to email@example.com.